- Books published so far…
- Bookshop – now at www.thistlestreetbooks.co.uk
- Columbia Road flower market; London, yesterday, and in the rain
- DAVID STUART PAINTINGS
- Fabulous floating gardens of London
- Foul day, Fair (haven’s) Garden: Anglesey Abbey
- My other Blogs (on plants, gardens, and paintings)
- Recent articles
- Some backlist articles
- Winter Tales 2: Gardens and gardening in Italy.
- Winter Tales: Italian Gardens and Gardening
more to read here!
This is one of three fruit trees, once espaliered as divisions between the three tiny gardens of which our present one is made. The zig-zag trunk marks the position of the long lost horizontal branches, now just scarred over stumps. … Continue reading
Dark skies. Howling gale. Snow again. Hellebores and daffs bent to the ground by the stuff. Ugh. Still, this lovely thing. Pulmonaria rubra. The earliest in flower of the genus, coarse but winter-proof foliage, and these lovely rose-pink flowers since … Continue reading
You know, an early winter afternoon, a few leaves still hanging awaiting the next heavy frost, a dry crispness in the air, perhaps a bonfire as evening falls. Huh. Here today, the sick yellow-grey clouds start at treetop level, rain … Continue reading