- Books published so far…
- Bookshop – now at www.thistlestreetbooks.co.uk
- Columbia Road flower market; London, yesterday, and in the rain
- DAVID STUART PAINTINGS
- Fabulous floating gardens of London
- Foul day, Fair (haven’s) Garden: Anglesey Abbey
- My other Blogs (on plants, gardens, and paintings)
- Recent articles
- Some backlist articles
- Winter Tales 2: Gardens and gardening in Italy.
- Winter Tales: Italian Gardens and Gardening
more to read here!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
There are lots of lovely eryngiums for gardeners: this is my favourite. Positively dangerously spiny, this marvellous assemblage of bleached-out looking bracts make a serious garden statement. Biennial, self-sowing if you don’t get around to it, it offered me a … Continue reading
Yes, they exist. Yes, they are wonderful. For the full article, see the page headings above.
Thoughts brought on by a visit to London’s exquisite Chiswick House: We were here to see the camellias, much vaunted in the press, and, well, of much interest. Basically a Chinese enthusiasm stretching back century after century, they were discovered … Continue reading