It’s a stunner that they’ve created with total dedication (even obsession) over 40 years. Now, delightfully, and as other obsessed gardeners have done (Sir Roy Strong on his garden, Sir Charles and Lady Fraser on their super-packed acre at Shepherd House near Edinburgh, and many more), the Lawley’s are describing the garden’s creation and underlying ideas in a proposed book. Photographs are by Val Corbett. If you might be interested in having a copy (there’s no publisher fixed yet), then please read the attached copy. If you are interested in topiary, old fashioned plants, deep romantic gardens, formality in a cottage garden format, then the book will be for you. The garden is seriously good.
- Books published so far…
- Bookshop – now at www.thistlestreetbooks.co.uk
- Columbia Road flower market; London, yesterday, and in the rain
- DAVID STUART PAINTINGS
- Fabulous floating gardens of London
- Foul day, Fair (haven’s) Garden: Anglesey Abbey
- My other Blogs (on plants, gardens, and paintings)
- Recent articles
- Some backlist articles
- Winter Tales 2: Gardens and gardening in Italy.
- Winter Tales: Italian Gardens and Gardening
more to read here!