Will post photos of the new outdoor fireplace soon – prettying the thing up a bit for photos for a poss. major national newspaper slot, and a magazine or two. Were in front of it until 1am this morning – grilled beef fillet and rather a lot of wine. Great fun. But… the doors have been bought that will form part of the facade of the ‘shed’ – though it is plainly going to be more summerhouse than storage for spades. Here’s the pic…. The side windows come from a previous house, where they fronted a sort of china niche, though were themselves clearly once part of a cabinet or bookcase. Anyway, windows is what they next become – poor things have been waiting for a function, piled indecorously in the old collapsed shed for nearly twenty years. The joiner arrives to put the whole thing together at the month’s end. Exciting.
- Books published so far…
- Bookshop – now at www.thistlestreetbooks.co.uk
- Columbia Road flower market; London, yesterday, and in the rain
- DAVID STUART PAINTINGS
- Fabulous floating gardens of London
- Foul day, Fair (haven’s) Garden: Anglesey Abbey
- My other Blogs (on plants, gardens, and paintings)
- Recent articles
- Some backlist articles
- Winter Tales 2: Gardens and gardening in Italy.
- Winter Tales: Italian Gardens and Gardening
more to read here!